– For proper operation technical instructions need to be followed.
– Product identifiers on the warranty statement and on the product need to match.
– The warranty statement can be signed and dated with the day of purchase. A signed delivery note with the date of purchase can be attached as proof of sale and beginning of warranty period.
– Servicing and installation can only be done by Prima-authorized and trained servicing technicians with suitable technical background.
General warranty statement
The acceptance of products purchased from Prima constitutes acceptance of Prima’s standard warranty terms and conditions which are described below. Prima warrants that for a period of 24 months following delivery, the purchased Prima products will (a) perform in accordance with published specifications, and (b) will be free from defects in materials or workmanship.
Standard-specified or declared specifications of above products can be found in technical instructions. This warranty does not cover fair wear and tear. Prima as the issuer of the 24-month warranty statement that commences with the date of purchase is obliged to rectify technical problems and product defects under the terms defined in the warranty statement. Prima as the warranty issuer provides servicing and repairs as well as spare parts for the period of 10 years from the date of purchase.
If a purchased product proves to be defective or does not correspond to similar products in terms of expected technical or quality features, the purchasing party can submit a written complaint within the warranty period. The purchasing party is entitled to receive repairs or a replacement of a faulty product without extra costs (for repairs or servicing material). A repair or product replacement due to non-repairable status needs to be demanded in written form with exact description of product’s faulty operation and its mounting environment in English. Warranty issuer is obliged to repair or replace a product within 30 days. Replacement of parts or of the entire product may be new or refurbished and will meet or exceed specifications of the original parts or products. The repair or replacement of a faulty product within the warranty period remains at the discretion of Prima. In the event that Prima repairs or replaces a defective product under warranty, the repaired or replaced product will be covered through the end of the original warranty period, but no repair or replacement will extend the warranty term past the 24-month after the initial delivery date of the original product.
Commercial guarantee with an extended warranty period is against payment. The extended guarantee does not replace the legally obliging 24-month warranty and does not affect the purchasing party’s rights to redeem legal warranty.
Limitations and exceptions to warranty
– If the defect is the result of the product being exposed to sources of heat, mechanical or physical damage, electric shocks or force majeure (fire, water, earthquake, power surge, lightning etc.).
– If instructions for use are not followed, operation or storage is made outside the environment specified.
– If Prima’s product is neglected, altered, abused or used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was provided or otherwise used in a manner inconsistent with any instructions provided by Prima.
– If a product is used together with a third-party product or products not approved in advance by Prima.
– If there was an attempt of opening or repairing the product by any other party without Prima’s authorization.
– If mounting is incorrect or inappropriate.
– If the mounting environment in whatever way affects the electronics of Prima’s products.
– In case product’s lifetime is shorter than the warranty (e.g. battery).
– In case of an in-transit damage.
The warranty is not obliging
– If it can be proved that a defect is the consequence of an external cause that could not be predicted, avoided or stopped.
– If it can be inferred that the defect is the result of a damage not present at the time of purchase.
– If all regulatory provisions that products must comply with, have been followed.
This warranty supersedes any and all other written or oral statements or agreements relating to warranty. The currently valid version of warranty is available on the corporate website of Prima. If products were purchased from a party other than Prima, Prima reserves the right to require proof of purchase to verify the timeline of a warranty request. Any and all disputes arising out of or relating to the purchase or use of Prima’s products, including any warranty claims, will be governed by the laws of Slovenia and Court of Kranj.
The warranty or factory service requires the return of defective products directly to Prima. No on-site repair service or problem resolving relating to the installation of repaired or replaced products is offered by Prima. No shipping costs related to warranty or repairs to and out of Prima are shouldered by Prima. Prima is obliged to check and repair defective products within 30 days. However, Prima is not obligated to offer on-line support and troubleshooting assistance.
The return shipment should include a detailed defect report or a description of a problem and a return shipping address with contact details. If a product is out of warranty, repair cost and spare parts are charged. Repaired units shall be shipped freight collect, unless other arrangements are made in advance. Repairs for damages caused by lightning storms, water, power surges, incorrect installation, physical abuse, or user-caused damages are charged on a time-plus-materials basis.